I grew up eating this cake every St. Patrick's day and since getting married have continued the tradition. It's a pistachio cake which may sound strange, but I make this every year and all the people who have tried it at our St. Patty's day parties say they love it.
So today I share with you this historic recipe that comes from my Mom.
St. Patricks Day Cake:
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 small packages instant pistachio pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1 C. oil
- 1 C. club soda
- 1/2 C. chopped pecans
- Cool Whip 1 large tub or 2 small
- To make the cake mix together cake mix, 1 package of pudding, eggs, oil, and soda.
- Stir in pecans
- Pour into 3 greased round cake pans
- Bake @ 350 for 15 min or until light brown and toothpick comes out clean
- Let cakes cool
- To make frosting fold together the Cool Whip and the other package of pudding
- Chill frosting until thickened
- Frost Cake and Enjoy! (keep refrigerated)
It ends up being a really pretty green from the pudding. But forget about looks, because mine isn't perfect... taste is all that really matters. If you eat this cake you may just want to do a little jig. Have a great St. Patrick's Day!