Shoe Makeover {from blah to beauty}

I was rummaging through my closet one day when I found an old pair of black flats that I rarely wore anymore. I bought them from Urban Outfitters back in the day and they're made of that fake leather. They were a great deal and served me well for a while but they were pretty beat up and I wanted a change... so I decided they needed a makeover!


I had seen some Mod Podge shoes and fabric covered shoes online and after browsing through some of JCrew's ridiculously priced flats I knew what I wanted to do.


I removed the fake leather bow and used the tutorial over at Make It and Love It to cover them with one change. Instead of using Mod Podge to stick the fabric to the shoe I used Tacky Glue. I thought the Mod Podge would get too stiff underneath. I then sealed the fabric covered shoe with Mod Podge. 


Of course I had to have some embellishments. I made the large fabric flower out of some scraps. I then arranged some Prima Fabric Fancies from Michaels... sewing a pearl to one. I just hot glued all of the pretty things on and there they were...












A fresh, new, beautiful, & stylish pair of flats that I ♥!


P.S. I added more items to 
My Etsy Shop today so 
go check them out!







Visit thecsiproject.com

Comments

Unknown said…
these are very cute and sweet, good job. Jen
Mruna Mistry said…
Really cute! Love them...
I'm new to blogging too! Consider yourself followed :)
Hope to see you by my blog!

http://ebony-ivory-rainbow.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
So cute! I absolutely love!
Unknown said…
I love polka dots and these are sooo adorable. I am also a new blogger, and I'm giving you a new follower.
Check out my blog. Thanks.


http://www.nevermindandwhatever.com/
Lisa said…
These are adorable! I can't believe how great they look!
Katie said…
Super CUTE! I'm visiting from We Did it Wednesday :)
miamoodesigns.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
Looooove your blog. :)
Vanessa said…
Super cute shoes, love the picture too!
Unknown said…
these are adorable! The polka dots with the ruffly flowers?! Love it!! So unique!
Michelle said…
These are SO cute! I would love it if you wanted to share them at my link party too!
http://polkadotsandpizza.blogspot.com/
Michelle said…
These are SO cute! I would love it if you wanted to share them at my link party too!
http://polkadotsandpizza.blogspot.com/
These are so cute! I love polka dots! Great job!
This is so neat. I love polka dots! If you get a chance, I'd love for you to come link it to my party this weekend. Starts tomorrow at 6pm PST. Hope to see you there! Again, looks awesome!

whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com

Krista
absolutely WOW!
I LOVE them.

Come link up your tutorial article on our website so our readers can find you also: http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-tutorial-linky-party-16/

We'd love to show your work,
Rose
I am so loving these! Thanks for linking with While He Was Napping. Hope to see you again next weekend!
Krista
Sachiko said…
I love them! You did such a nice job on this makeover!
ADORABLE! I need...I want :)
I've been seeing your shoes everywhere tonight and just had to come over and tell you how much I love them!!! The polka dots and the flowers are so pretty together. Great job!!
Aurora said…
I've seen a lot of shoe makeovers, but this is my favorite! So cute!! And I'm also a new blogger, so I know how exciting it is to have new followers, and am now following your blog! I love it!!
saffiertje said…
a well done makeover!!! i love the polkadots and those flowers... soooo cute! I have a pair waiting to do for my DD... Only i can't descide what fabric i will use!!!!
TLF said…
Oh my goodness, they look fantastic!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
I cant be sure if I already left a comment or not...but the shoes are way too cute and I am now following you....found ya thru tatertots!

michelle...xoxo
Katie said…
OMG! I love these flats! I have a pair of black flats that are dieing for a makeover! Found your post via Tatertots and Jello link party. I'd love for you to swing by Sew Woodsy and link these up (and other projects) tomorrow!

SewWoodsy.blogspot.com
Katie said…
Thank you for linking your super cute flats to Sew Woodsy! I featured these today on our blog!

http://sewwoodsy.blogspot.com/2011/01/whats-up-wednesdays-link-party-features.html
Leticia said…
These are cute! How do you make the flower for the modge podge shoe? Where did you get the other flowers...Thanks so much...Do you have a tutorial for that? Thanks!!!
Nastasia Pilar said…
Leticia, The flower is made out of circles of fabric folded into quarters. There's a good tutorial here: http://mrspriss.com/2010/07/07/tutorial-fancy-ruffled-shoe-clips/.
I just make mine smaller and play with the look.