October Baking

Yes, I mainly blog about sewing and crafting but there are other things I enjoy like news and... baking! So I'll give you some background for this.


Before I sewed, I baked. I have been baking since I was young and as my mom and older brother like to point out, it all started with my Easy Bake Oven. I admit I was serious about that thing. I mean that light bulb could bake up some mini masterpieces!


I enjoy desserts and baking. I come from a family that knows their food and desserts. My aunt used to own a bakery and I have an uncle that owns several restaurants. Not to mention most of us have a serious sweet tooth.


October required some baking... It was my mom's birthday so I made this Nothing Bundt Cake knock off. 
I even whipped up that floral bow and rosette!


My brother and mom know the owner of the famous bundt cake store and I have always loved those cakes. Many birthdays have been celebrated with one. So when I found a recipe for a similar cake that used a cake mix jazzed up I knew I had to try it. It was delish! I have also made a knock off of their white chocolate raspberry which I prefer over chocolate (I know I'm weird I'm not a chocolate lover) but both are good. My family of course devoured it.


Then for our ward's Halloween carnival I made 2 dozen cupcakes. I made homemade devils food cupcakes with buttercream frosting. I just used what I had on hand to decorate them. Half were pumpkins...



and the other half were monster mummies.




So there you have it. A little glimpse of something else I enjoy!

Comments

everything looks so great! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Katie said…
Yum! Is that your mom? She's beautiful and looks so young!
Sara G said…
WOW, I want to eat one of these right now!